Mission and Goals of the IuK TaskForce / Working Group
to represent and preserve the interests of the researchers and Learned
- Achieve transparency in licensing negotiations with publishers including
possible national site licenses and archiving agreements
- Estabish guidelines for authors in negotiating contracts with publishers in
order to protect their rights as authors.
- Establish guidelines for creating new electronic journals or electronic
versions of existing print journals by individual researchers, groups of
researchers, or learned societies.
- Establish guidelines for the Learned Societies for joint ventures with
- Continued investigation and development of the presentation and service
offerings surrounding E-Journals and related services for researchers and
students by libraries.